As an independent business, you are responsible for any loss or damage to your vehicle and cargo you agree to transport so you need insurance programs designed to protect you while performing delivery services. SCI has partnered with McGriff Insurance to bring you a new Commercial Auto Insurance Program specifically designed for SCI’s clients. If you meet the qualifications you can apply in just three easy steps to obtain coverage.
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, you qualify:
- My business is operating under its own authority, new or existing.
- My business and drivers only operate in the last mile delivery segment.
- My drivers meet the Driver Eligibility criteria of the program.
- My drivers all have at least one year of commercial driving experience (two years if CDL).
- My insurance has not been cancelled for non-payment of premium in the last two years.
- My business is not located in New York, Florida, Massachusetts or Kentucky.
Available coverages include Auto Liability, General Liability, Cargo and Physical Damage:
Auto Liability provides protection against legal liability arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of any insured automobile.
General Liability provides protection needed to pay for bodily injury or property damage for which you are legally liable.
Cargo provides coverage for direct physical loss or damage to property of others, in your care, custody and control, for which you are legally liable.
Physical Damage provides protection against loss or damage resulting from the impact with another vehicle or object and damage to a covered auto resulting from loss other than impact, with another vehicle or object.